4.30.2008

Craziness!



Wow! Where to start! There is so much going on here. Friday I was offered, and accepted, a job with Sherman's Book & Stationery in Freeport. I am so, so excited. I start on Monday! There are just so many really great things about this job, like it being full time and having benefits, there's too many to list!


Saturday morning Phil and I met with a lender about a mortgage. We got pre-qualified for an amount that is higher than we wanted to spend, so things are looking great! We're working on saving for the down payment/closing costs. And we'll soon (within a few months) start some serious house hunting! Very exciting!!


Also this weekend, Phil and I decided to take a big leap and open our own shop! We're currently going to be listing at Etsy.com and see how things go from there. You can check us out at twistedweave.etsy.com. The official name: twisted weave::creation by design. We don't have anything listed yet as I'm still working on some designs and getting the photoposts just right. But I'll keep you posted as to when I update the site.


In the meantime, here's my first-ever completed design!! I'm calling it "whimsical" . There's a little bit of tweaking that needs to happen to the next one, but overall I'm very happy with the results. You know your design & sewing has hit a new level when things come out pretty great the first time around. This purse happened on the first try with no problems at all. This is very, very exciting!

The details:
A side pocket on both sides. Convenient for your cell phone, keys, and anything else you want to keep handy.



The inside is FULL of pockets! I hate digging around trying to find things, so there are 6 pockets to help keep things organized!



The dimensions: 12 in long X 8 in high X 6 in deep


Any and all feedback is welcome! I look forward to it, in fact!

Well, everyone enjoy the rest of the week, and try to stay dry...

1 comment:

Emily and Casey said...

I.Want.That.Bag. Where and how can I buy it??