4.01.2008

Crazy dough...

Today was a perfect day for baking!


As you can see, I managed to get my bum in gear and do just that. I got a bread maker for Christmas this year and have made all kinds of bread in it already. But today I decided to try something different. Instead of using a recipe from one of my 'bread machine recipe' books, I chose to use a recipe that I use when I make dinner rolls. That's right. I put together a recipe that has no business being in a bread maker into none other than my brand new bread maker. Word to the wise ... don't do this. I had the craziest mess of sticky dough like you read about! It was pouring out over the sides of the bread pan into the bottom of the bread maker where it's not supposed to be. I wish I had gotten a picture of this. It truly was priceless. By the time I thought of it, though, I was up to my elbows in the dough and I didn't think Phil would appreciate it all over his camera. Sigh...

I finally got it all onto a floured board and realized I had enough to make at least two loaves of bread. And so attempted to play with one and see if I could manage to braid it (as one would for challah). I, of course, have no idea how to do this. But I tried.








Here are the two loaves, ready to go into the oven. I'm pretty sure I should have cooked them separately....




AND ... drum roll please ... the finished product! How yummy does that look! I was right, of course, I should have cooked them separately. But they'll taste good just the same.


No comments: