4.03.2008

Yesterday's fun

Phil took the camera with him yesterday to his parents and his volleyball game but didn't manage to take any pictures. So, this morning I took pictures of yesterday's projects to share.

Phil and I have decided that we want to be as self-sufficient as we possibly can. To this end, I've started to work again on some of my patterns. In college I designed a lot of 'costumes' for the University's Theatre department. It was a ton of fun but over the years I've let it slip away. Yesterday I picked it back up and had a blast!

My first project was finishing up the doll I started to make a few days ago. With this new self-sufficient attitude, I think it's important that our future children's toys be handmade. For the first doll I've ever made, and no pattern to go by, I would say this one came out pretty well. I definitely learned a lot in its making and the next one will be better, I'm sure.




My next project involved those patterns I was telling you about. I've been pretty sick this past week, fighting off some kind of virus, so I opted for the easiest one to work on. Amazingly, this was the first try. No re-cutting, no seam ripping, none of that. It does need a little tweaking (longer in the sleeves, longer bottom length, and a little thinner throughout) but it works. And boy is it comfortable!



Next project: I will be working on finishing the sweater I've been knitting and also on a skirt to go with the new shirt. Stay tuned...



No comments: