4.17.2008

Championship Volleyball Match

Last night was Phil's championship game. He plays every Wednesday night in Saco. I usually don't go because I have to work, but last night I didn't, so I tagged along and thought it would be fun to get some really great action shots.

Little did I know how difficult that would be. You see, our digital camera doesn't DO action shots. The shutter is so unbelievably slow that it's just not possible unless you get the timing of the shot perfect.


This one, not so perfect. Have I mentioned I can't WAIT to get a new camera! Anyway, it was nice to see all of Phil's volleyball buddies again. And especially nice that there were other wives there watching as well. There was even a team mascot in the stands!



Needless to say, Em was not all that interested in the game. She was just trying to avoid being hit by the ball and being caught by the manager of the sport center. (she really wasn't supposed to be there) After a bit, though, she decided it would be nice to watch the game, and I even made a new friend out of the deal. :o)



Things were touch-and-go most of the night. The two teams ended up playing five matches to get to the ultimate champion. There were a lot of time-outs and group huddles.



And LOTS of chatter and encouragement on the court in between plays. Phil and Ed are the main blockers on the team. It's quite humorous considering how tiny Phil is comparatively. Ed is one big guy!


In the end, the hard work and encouragement paid off. Phil's team walked away winning 3 of the 5 matches to hold the seasons champion title.



Everyone was ridiculously tired but decided to go out for drinks after to celebrate the long awaited victory. We didn't get home until midnight. And after winding down from the evenings activities, it was 2am before we made it into bed. Phil was up a 6am for work and I can imagine he'll be one cranky man when he gets home. I guess I better get going on the house work so Phil can just relax tonight! I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather!


No comments: