3.25.2009

some much needed scrubs













those of you familiar with men and scrubs know how ridiculously difficult it is to find ones that fit properly. i have made many attempts at making scrubs but none were quite right ... they were all made from bought patterns that were usually labeled 'unisex.' well let me tell you. there is nothing unisex about 'unisex' scrubs. really, they're all made to fit women. but finally, FINALLY, i have made a pair that are a success! and the best part? i made the pattern myself. right from that crafty brain up there.

the second best part? (or maybe the tie for best best part) i got to use my brand new serger on them!!! i have wanted a serger for so long!!! i was browsing craig's list the other day and i found one for sale for crazy cheap. it's an older model (early 1990's) but the lady only used it one Christmas season for making fleece scarves. that's it! it is in such perfect condition. what a steal! it's definitely my very favorite new toy!!





stay tuned for some more serging excitement...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEYYYYY! Boz is ADORABLE, I can't wait to play with him. I had NO IDEA you were so talented with the sewing machine. I got ahold of Myrna's old one and with a quick tutorial from my mom, thought I was off and running, more like running off every where!! At least I know you are a resource! I have a small pile of fabric and some patterns. Recently my patients must be devoted elsewhere. It would be great to get together and SEW SEW SEW! I would love that.

got your message, i've started to make a list of the addresses I thought you'd need.

kel