8.13.2009

2nd ever pedicure

Anyone who knows me really well, knows I have an aversion to feet. Ok, maybe not an aversion per se, more like a fear of. That's right ... I don't touch feet, I don't want feet near me, if I never had to look at feet I'd be ok with that. I don't even like touching socks that have been on feet. And if I could ensure that I wore the same sock on the same foot every time, I would. It took me three years to be able to pick Phil's socks up so I could wash them. Even now, I touch as little of the sock as humanly possible, pinching it between my thumb and finger at the cuff.



I don't give foot rubs. I will allow Phil to rub my feet, but only if I have my socks on. It took four years of dating for that one to happen.



It's a sad state of affairs, I know. But this being said, you can understand that I've never had a professional pedicure. Not once. Imagine my surprise when I felt the need for a pedicure to go along with my beautiful wedding dress a few weeks ago. I wasn't thinking anything crazy. I was going to give myself a pedicure. I read up on it, got the supplies, and LOVED it!



So now I've decided that once a month or so, I'm going to pamper myself and indulge in an at-home-pedicure. Maybe such rebellion will one day lead to a professional one!

No comments: